If you sustained injuries due to the fault of another, you are likely considering filing a personal injury claim. However, depending on the details of your case, this process can be drawn-out and may not lead to the results you’ve been looking for–which is why making sure you are in good hands is key to obtaining the compensation you deserve.
In order to make a personal injury claim, you will need to take the following steps:
- Meet with your North Carolina personal injury lawyer, such as ours at The Law Office of Donald R Strickland. This initial consultation will help clear things up more, once your Attorney listens to the details of your case.
- File your complaint, and it will include the parties involved, the basis for the court’s jurisdiction over the case, the plaintiff’s legal claims, facts that support the plaintiff’s claims, and a demand for judgement or relief. After you file, you will serve the complaint and summons.
- The discovery process will begin, in which both sides produce evidence and question witnesses. Depositions may take place, and medical records will be shared. Either may file a motion to dismiss, a motion for summary judgment, or a motion for default judgement.
- Personal injury cases often settle before trial, which may happen in your case. The settlement will then be finalized as a legally binding contract.
- If your case does not settle and ends up in trial, the judge or jury will decide if the defendant is responsible for the injuries occurred. If the judgement isn’t in your favor, you can file an appeal, and the court will either maintain or reverse the decision.
Contact Our North Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers Today
As you can see, the best way to increase your chances of success is to enlist in the help of an aggressive, experienced, and success-driven North Carolina personal injury lawyer such as ours at The Law Office of Donald R Strickland. We will dedicate all of our time, energy, and resources to your case, because we understand just how much is on the line. Don’t risk losing out on what you are rightfully entitled to–let us fight for justice on your behalf.
To speak to a member of our team, contact us by calling (919) 828-4357.