More Than 36 Years of Dedicated Advocacy
Electrocutions & Electrical Injury Attorney in Durham
Electricity is extremely dangerous and electrical accidents often result in severe burns, brain damage, spinal cord and other nerve damage, heart attacks, respiratory failure, or death. However, most electric injuries are preventable because Federal and state codes and standards govern the ways in which electricity may be distributed and used safely to avoid electrocution accidents.
Electrocutions Are Common Throughout North Carolina
Electrical injuries can occur for a variety of reasons and in a variety of situations. This includes on the job accidents and in common household accidents, especially with faulty wiring during the holiday season, when weather is wetter and the days get darker earlier.
Most electric injuries are caused by:
- EBuilding a structure too close to uninsulated power lines
- EIncorrectly insulating an electrical line
- EFailing to wire buildings and other structures to code
- EWiring industrial equipment or household appliances incorrectly
- EImproperly maintaining equipment
- EFailing to comply with safety regulations
- EWeather-related incidents such as lightning and downed power lines
These accidents can be devastating and lead to large medical bills, lost wages when you are forced to take time off to recover, a future of pain and suffering and death.
Helping You Recover Compensation
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an electric injury caused by someone else’s negligence, it is important to contact a knowledgeable attorney immediately. Don Strickland has the experience needed to pursue your claim diligently. He is committed to your case from beginning to end. You pay no fees unless you recover compensation for your injuries.