Injured in a Bicycle Accident?
Durham Bicycle Accident Attorney
Law Office of Donald R. Strickland Uses Experienced Counsel & Proven Results in NC
Bicyclists have a legal right to share the road with motor vehicles, but many drivers ignore that fact. Drivers who act in a negligent manner and do not share the road place bicyclists in a difficult position, one that can even be catastrophic.
If you or a loved one has been injured while bicycling, Don Strickland is here to advocate for you. He applies his extensive experience in personal injury law to help you recover compensation for medical treatment, missed wages, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, and any other damages related to your accident.
Bicycle Laws in North Carolina
North Carolina law sets out rights and rules for bicyclists, including:
- Legal roads — A bicycle may ride on all roads except interstate highways
- Center lane travel — Bicyclists may ride in the center lane of traffic so long as they maintain a safe speed
- Flow of traffic — A bicyclist cannot ride against moving traffic
- Signs and signals — A bicyclist must obey all traffic signals and signs
If you followed all traffic laws but were struck by a motor vehicle, chances are you were not at fault. Don Strickland has represented injured persons for over 36 years. He is dedicated to making the world safer, one case at a time.
Helmets reduce the risk of a fatal head injury by 60%, but injuries can still occur, including:
- Head and brain injuries — Concussions, contusions, and severe brain injuries can occur during a collision. Skull fractures can cause permanent disability or death.
- Broken bones — Car-bike collisions often mean simple or compound fractures for the cyclist.
- Spinal cord injuries — If a crash injures your spinal cord, you can be permanently paralyzed and require long-term care.
Discuss your injuries and losses with Durham bicycle accident lawyer, Don Strickland. He works diligently and effectively to make sure you are fully compensated for your losses.